Thursday, June 13, 2013

Handskesjön - (Glove Lake)

Some day ago I went for a walk with my good friend Linda. 
 For the ones who doesn't know already, I'm in Sweden right now, and that's where I had my walk together with Linda. 


This is when we left the car. 


After 15 minutes we came upon the lake. Not a sound except the birds and the wind. And no other people. Just the two of us. 

 We walked along the lake and that's where we stumbled across this little house. 


Some of you might have recognised this to be the home of the beavers. Not all beavers build dams across rivers. Where there are no rivers they build huts. 


We didn't see any beavers even though I am sure there were beavers living in the hut we saw. 


Our final destination. Out on a peninsula there is this place where you can spend the night if you want to. 


And also this cabin. Its not locked and its for anyone to use. All that is asked of you is that you leave it as nice as you found it. 
I have slept in both of these places. Needless to say, the hut is warmer. :) 


This is inside the hut. 
Even if its -25 degrees Celsius, this stove makes it so hot that you start to sweat. 


A place in the sun. 


I found my place as well. 


Summer in Sweden.





This tree was cut down by the beavers. And this was not the only one. We saw at least 10 or 15 trees that the little bugger had decided to cut down. 



Going back to the car. 
The time was 8.15pm, and there were still a couple of hours of daylight left. 


It was a really nice walk. I think I will take Jason to this place when he comes here in August. At that time the water will most likely be a little warmer so I think that I will take a swim in the lake as well. 


As for all you out there. 
Stay awake
Love Ove

1 comment:

  1. Very disappointing that you didn't swim. I'm sure it was warmer than Lake Michigan on February 10. :)

    ReplyDelete