Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Scooter Trip - Day 5 - Taitung to Green Island.

We got up early to make sure that we got on board the first boat out to Green Island. 
We were at the harbor well ahead of time. 


I even had time to pretend to meditate. 
(I do meditate from time to time)


On board the boat we soon hear the familiar sound of people throwing up. People were throwing up everywhere. (It wasn't that bad weather)
We made it to the island and soon we had gotten our scooter off the boat. Found a hotel. Found a restaurant. 
And the restaurant is the place this photo was taken. 


People go to Green Island because of the diving and snorkeling. It just turned out that my father never had snorkeled before and it was my privilege to get him under the waves for the first time. 


He got himself ready for the adventure.



When we got under the surface there was a myriad of fish. And there was a myriad of colors. My father saw both a Murray eel and a Scorpion fish. He was so happy about that. I found a diving mask on the bottom. To get it I had to dive down a hole. My father didn't like that I did that though. 

After the snorkeling we decided to go swim in some hot springs.
Green Island have one of the 3 only places in the world where there are hot springs IN the ocean. 
We went there and the place in the ocean was closed for the season. They did however have pools with hot spring water in it. 
It was good enough.


I think it was a tired old man who came back to the hotel room that evening. 
And he wasn't the only one who was tired either.




To be continued....



Food for thought.





Stay awake. 

Love Ove

No comments:

Post a Comment