Friday, May 23, 2014

Scooter trip - Day 4 - Hualien to Taitung

My dad had already been outside picking rocks at the beach when I woke up. 
We had a cup of newly made coffee on the balcony (the owner had made the coffee for us)
We talked the day over and then we put on the swimmers. 
The ones who have followed my blog knows that I cant pass up an opportunity for a swim. This was no exception. 


The waves were big and I was quite concerned about my father. More than once the waves pushed him over and swept him towards the beach. I have some video shots of that. I will show you a video from this trip when I have covered the whole trip in photos.


With salt in our hair we set out for Taitung. It would be around 170km but we were both quite excited about the ride because it was all along the coast.

Like before we needed a rest every now and then. These stops were also filled with opportunities to explore.

Like watching these locals fish for squid.


Or standing exactly on the Tropic of Cancer. Every summer solstice (on the northern hemisphere) at 12.00 the sun shines down from a small hole in the top of this thing. The sun is for one day at an exact Zenith.


You can see the hole as a small dark spot in this photo.

'
After some time we both got hungry and we came upon this place that signed that they sold Pizzas. They didn't however. They did have bread though and soon I was teaching them my way of baking bread. 
(all in Chinese)


We made it to Taitung and after taking a well deserved break we set out to find some food. I asked where the local night market was and when informed I took my father there. 
On the way we passed this temple.

The night market was "Waking up" and thus there wasn't that much people yet.


My father finally found his "rice hat"
And yes those are his teeth.


With the dark came the people.


Feed and happy we left the night market for some cultural food. 
At TieHua cultural village you can hear great music played live every day. 
There is also a small pub and you can buy organic coffee and stuff.
I bought a t-shirt.

This girl had an amazing voice.


When we walked back to the hotel there was a car passing us. They called out to us. 
It turned out to be the girl and her friends. 

Back at the hotel we talked about the day and about life as we know it.
And then I heard my fathers heavy breathing as he fell asleep.


To be continued.


Food for thought

It´s not always just beer...


I leave it up to you what you do but now you know.

Stay awake. 

Love Ove




No comments:

Post a Comment