Saturday, April 5, 2014

Scooter Ride in the North of Taiwan - Part 1

Today was Tomb Sweeping Day in Taiwan. Jason was with his family and I was at home. 

I decided to do something creative instead of just hanging around at home.
I took Jason's scooter and started driving along the coast.


I passed a fish market. Kind of weird building though.


I went to a lighthouse. I saw this flower on my walk out to it.


I also saw this dead washed up Parrot fish. 


And in the end I also saw the Lighthouse. 


The lighthouse was next to an army base.


Well.. I had taken the photos I needed of the lighthouse and so it was time for me to continue on my journey.


And here is the hero in the scooter.



 To be Continued....


I want to give you a followup on the last post. 
My petition didn't do that good. I thought my Taiwanese friends would get their Taiwanese friends to sign and repost and so on since this is still a very much alive topic here. The students are still demonstration and the treaty is still a very big threat to Taiwan's future. 
However... This didn't happen. I have thought allot of why. I even wrote a message to the Sunflower Revolution Facebook page to get them to tell their supporters to sign it. It is after all in their interest that as many as possible sign this. 
The result.... They didn't even answer my message.

I have to accept that even though I did have the attention to make a difference here in Taiwan I just didn't this time. 


Well... Stay awake 

Love Ove

1 comment:

  1. Commitment to a cause can sometimes be a change in it self.
    I really enjoy reading your blog Ove!
    Hope to see you in Sweden this summer.

    Kindest regards/
    Leo

    ReplyDelete