Saturday, March 8, 2014

Naha City - Okinawa Island - Japan.

Hi there. 

This time it was really a very long time since I wrote anything on here. 
This has several reasons. One being my classes in Chinese. Another being I have been busy editing photos. 

But here it comes. The first post in a very long time. 

So I had to leave Taiwan to renew my visa. Often people go to HongKong for this reason but I wanted to see something else since I have been to HongKong already. 

I took a flight to the island of Okinawa and the first thing that I encountered in Okinawa was this MONORAIL. Quite cool I think.


Stepping off the Monorail I made my way to the hostel that would be my home for two nights. 
I was greeted by a man who hadn't seen the inside of a shower for quite some time and he showed me the place. The place hadn't seen any cleaning devices the last decade. I was happy that I had brought my sleeping bag so that my skin didn't have to touch the bed and its covers. 


After I had put my backpack on the bed I went out to see some of the sites. One thing that I noticed quite soon was the amount of vending machines. They were everywhere. Like in this park. 


I saw some plants...


Naha City was like a Mediterranean tourist center. It had all the souvenirs you possibly could need and bars in every corner. I was told that the bars were used by the locals though. After the job finished in the evening most people went to the bar instead of home. There they killed a couple of hours before making it back home to their families. 



I hear that one thing I had to try while in Okinawa was a dish called Sokisoba. I didn't know what it was or where to find it. I asked a couple of guys where I might find it and one person out of the four I talked to actually new some English. The average level of English in Japan is very low. That was actually one of the best things with the hostel I lived at. They all spoke English. 


I did find the Sokisoba. It was funny though. I put my money into a vending machine. The vending machine gave me a plastic card. I gave the card to the woman behind the bar disk and she gave me some Sokisoba. 


I saw a tree.


And an indoor market.


I made it an early night. Went back to the hostel and there I talked away some hours with the old owner of the place. He was an old Japanese gentleman who had lived in Canada for some time. It was funny how across continents and ageour ideas about life and things were the same.

Since I have edited the other photos that I took in this trip it wont take long before there will come yet another post.


Stay awake.

Love Ove

No comments:

Post a Comment