Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Christmas update.

Hi there. 

It was a long time since I wrote something here and that because of more than one reason. First the obvious one... Time... I have had allot of things going on. For one thing I have been editing the photos from a trip to a really nice place where me and my friends went swimming in a river, and then I have been busy with my Chinese. It really is quite hard for me to learn all these characters of theirs. 
The most important reason though... MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE MESSED UP. I cant access my photos. My computer keep asking me to format the hard drive. All my digital photos I have ever taken are on that hard drive. The first photos are from when I sailed from South Africa to Australia with this bad boy (photo from the Internet since all my photos are gone)


The photos from the last trip were also on there... so... Well I went to a repair-computer-stuff place. I hope they can help me. 


Here in Taiwan the legislative yuan (the part of the government that makes up new laws) is reviewing equal marriage rights. Most people I have talked to personally say "gay is OK" but they think that other peoples views are negative, this because of culture. The most negative people, sadly to say, are to the majority Christians. A couple of weeks ago they held a huge demonstration against gay rights. 

Yesterday we who are for equal rights had a kind of demonstration of our own. 
A-Mei, a Taiwanese singer and  superstar had a free concert for which she payed for herself. She told us (I was standing in really close to the stage, next to the base speakers) that she told her producer (or something) that she wanted to hold a free concert to promote equal marriage. He asked when during next year this concert would be held. Next WEEK she answered. The decision came so fast that her hairdresser and makeup artist didn't have time of to help out. 

Here is a video clip from yesterdays concert. (22nd of Dec 2013)



The concert was amazing. About 20.000 people gathered outside and all the lyrics were posted in the bottom of the big screens. It was like a huge Karaoke party. 

Well, its time for me to study my Chinese characters. 

I say happy holidays (no matter which one you celebrate, be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan or any other holiday) with my favourite Christmas song, performed by Swedish singer Tommy Körberg. 


Stay awake

Love Ove

No comments:

Post a Comment